Blue Star Gold Corp is based in Vancouver, BC with its exploration portfolio located in the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. The camp and exploration properties are north of the Arctic Circle and are supported from the fly-in/fly-out Ulu Camp during the exploration season. Site is accessed by charter aircraft from Yellowknife, NT. The Company has an exciting opportunity for a motivated and knowledgeable individual as a GIS & Database Administrator.
Reporting to the Vice President Exploration, the GIS & Database Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the Geographic Information Systems and various cloud-based databases are effectively meeting the needs of internal and external users. An additional responsibility would be maintaining the current software licenses.
- Diploma or advanced diploma in GIS, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two years work experience with ESRI, ArcGIS and QGIS.
- Knowledge of industry mapping standards, requirements and principles.
- Formal training and certificate in Microsoft Access or SQL server, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Two years experience working with Microsoft SQL or Microsoft Access.
The successful applicant will be a team-player, have attention to detail and be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
Qualified applicants can submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 15th, 2022. Please view our website for additional information about the company.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Blue Star Gold Corp.
|Title||GIS & Database Administrator||Type of position|
|Supervisor||Vice President Exploration||Reviewed||November 2022|
Nature and Scope of Work
Reporting to the Vice President Exploration, the GIS & Database Administrator is responsible for ensuring that the Geographic Information Systems and various databases are effectively meeting the needs of internal and external users. An additional responsibility would be maintaining the current software licenses.
- Evaluate, develop, implement and maintain:
- Internal GIS database, drill database and TRACKER database
- Office and camp NAS
- Support and assist with multi-user databases and application management
- Monitor and maintain GIS and database performance
- Update and maintain spatial data for visualization software for end users
- Customize map applications and create maps for the needs of all stakeholders
- Provide guidance and data-related assistance as required
- Facilitate data sharing, integration and automation
- Document all GIS and database systems, procedures and changes
- Ensure all GIS and database systems are regularly backed up and restorable
- Ensure all data is secured and accessible as appropriate in compliance with corporate policies
- Follow all policies, procedures and standards of the Company
- Perform other related duties as required
Required Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated ability to:
- Open and collaborative working style
- Prioritize work based on stakeholder needs and timelines
- Organize and manage time effectively, strong attention to detail with logical approach to tasks
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Communicate clearly and concisely in oral and written formats
- Proficient in Microsoft Access and Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain skills related to GIS and Database development including hardware, software and extensions through education and hands-on experience
Experience and Education
- Successful completion of an advanced diploma in GIS, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Formal training with Microsoft Access and or SQL, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Two years’ experience working with Microsoft Access/SQL and Esri GIS products
- Knowledge of industry mapping standards, requirements and principles
Hours of Work
Vancouver office-based role; if part-time expect 15-20 hours per week, if full time expect 35-40 hours per week.
The Company values the following personal attributes of the Employee:
- Empathy – ability to relate to others
- Honesty- open and available to all
- Integrity – unwavering on doing it the ‘right way’
- Committed – always seeking the best outcome
- Sensitive: understanding of the opinion of others