Blue Star Gold Corp. is seeking a Senior Project Geologist to be responsible for the overall management of the technical programs at Blue Star’s Ulu Gold Project, Nunavut. The position involves onsite geological and data management of ongoing exploration programs including but not limited to core shack activities and data collection from drill programs. There will also be opportunity for collaborative input into the design and implementation of the geological, geochemical, and geophysical components of the upcoming programs in the ongoing exploration and development of the deposits in the project area.
- Responsible for on-site geological management of drill programs, currently helicopter supported, with safety and environment best practices and ensuring the integrity and consistency of geological data collection (core logging) and sampling methods by geological staff.
- Implementation and oversight of QA/QC protocols to ensure clean and reliable data collection from the drill programs.
- Reporting and interpretation of geological data, developing geological models to be used in exploration planning and resource estimation, and working with other geologists to advance exploration concepts and ideas.
- Management and supervision of junior geological and technical staff.
- Undertake and supervise other geological field investigations as required.
- A graduate or undergraduate degree in Geology. Registered as a Professional Geologist or Engineer to meet the requirements of being a Qualified Person under NI 43-101 would be an asset.
- 10+ years of relevant field and core logging experience. Experience and ability to work in remote environments is essential.
- Relevant exploration and project management experience including managing exploration budgets. Previous advanced stage exploration to feasibility level work would be an asset.
- Proven management skills with the ability to effectively supervise geologists, on-site personnel, and contractors.
- Experience with exploration software programs such as ArcGIS, Leapfrog, MX Deposit would be an asset.
- Database Management skills and experience with drill program QA/QC components.
- Exploration experience for structurally hosted orogenic style gold deposits is preferable.
This posting is for a contract position to commence in the near term. A competitive wage is available for the successful candidate with potential opportunity for longer term employment as part of Blue Star Gold’s exploration team. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Qualified applicants interested in joining our team are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by APRIL 9, 2021 to email@example.com